Packing: Some customers have shared horror stories of first editions turning up in a paper envelope… well here's how we do it at Cheltenham Rare Books - whether it's a £15 or a £15,000 book we want you to be as delighted with it as we were when we bought it.
- We check the book carefully to ensure it meets our standards for the described condition.
- Wrap the book in paper to ensure there's no wrapper movement during transit.
- Wrap several layers of bubble wrap, with overlapped cushioning.
- Box the bubble wrapped book in corrugated cardboard.
- Wrap the box in brown paper.
Delivery: We use Royal Mail as standard, as we’ve found them to be the most reliable, and generally either UPS or Parcelforce for priority international postage. We pack and despatch books within 2 working days of ordering.
Prices: Standard is gauged by weight, weighing up to 1 kg – the majority of our books are standard. The book description states whether a book is heavier than standard.
- Heavy books cost £2.50 extra.
- Shipping for multiple book purchases is calculated by weight so for 2 books would likely add an extra £2.50.
- UK Standard is next day delivery - tracked at delivery - FREE. Signed on delivery - FREE (by request). Priority - Tracked end to end - you can see the cost options according weight when you check out - delivery guaranteed by 1 pm the next day (by request)
- Europe Standard 3 to 7 working or Priority Tracked & Signed
- Rest of the World - Standard 5 - 7 working days or Tracked and Signed Priority 1-3 working days.