Let us take the stress out of finding personalised gifts that mean something special to the recipient and that show the love and care that have gone into their selection. We've created collections focused on occasions such as:
If you’re looking for 1st wedding anniversary gift ideas then what better present to give than a book. Traditionally the first wedding anniversary gift is paper - which, of course, all our books are made from. Although some are quarter bound or fully bound in leather (see third wedding anniversary below). With a book you can make it even more meaningful by giving a signed first or limited edition that means something, for example:
- A book published the year of the wedding, or the year the couple met - it's simple to find. Go to Author A-Z and filter by the Publication Year;
- A topic of particular interest - we've made it easy with our collection of books by interest;
- A favourite author (go to Author A-Z);
- Or a specially created book, with luxurious handmade paper and a beautiful binding such as the ones in our private press collection
If you’re looking for a special something for a book lover then here are some ideas to help you find the perfect gift:
- a publication year that coincides with the recipient's birth year
- a signed first edition from a favourite author
- a limited edition book on a topic, or by an author the recipient loves
- Folio Society Books
- Our gifts by interest section has selections of beautiful books on topics such as cookery, baking, nature lovers to name but a few.
- Private press books make wonderful gifts. Often they're signed by the author and publisher and include a limitation number eg copy number 20 out of 100 copies. Books from private presses such as Inky Parrot, Golden Cockerel, Fleece Press can include handmade paper and exquisite bindings.
If you're looking for Christmas gift ideas then take a look at our collection of thoughtful Christmas gifts. All of the books in the collection are selected for their festive theme, ranging from Rover Saves Christmas by Roddy Doyle to The Twelve Days of Christmas by the Inky Partridge Press.
Whether you're looking for Valentine's Day Gifts for "her" or for "him" then what more romantic a gift could there be than a beautifully produced book of poetry. For example, Shakespeare's Sonnets including the lines:
Shall I compare thee to a summer’s day?
Thou art more lovely and more temperate:
Haply I think on thee, and then my state,
Like to the lark at break of day arising
From sullen earth, sings hymns at heaven’s gate;
For thy sweet love remember’d such wealth brings
That then I scorn to change my state with kings.
or Love Song by Ted Hughes, included in The Crow
He loved her and she loved him.
His kisses sucked out her whole past and future or tried to
He had no other appetite
She bit him she gnawed him she sucked...
Perhaps we'll leave that one there. Take a look through our poetry collection. Many of the books are signed and beautifully illustrated in addition to the unworldly - or should that be earthy love poems in them.
In thinking about recommendations for Father's Day or Mother's Day Gifts we decided to swerve away from the gender stereotypes such as cars or engineering for Father's Day (although we do have some books on this topic here) or poetry or gardening and cookery and baking books for Mother's Day. Instead, we're going to refer you to the Birthday Gifts section - which we think is pretty exhaustive in terms of finding personalised gifts. We think that by combining your knowledge of your parent, with our knowledge of our books it should help you find a book that will absolutely delight the recipient. Not just for the gift itself, but the thought that's gone into selecting it.